Our Investment Principles
We have been specialists in the knowledge-intensive asset management of convertible bonds since the company was founded. As one of the established global market leaders in this field, we have continuously expanded our product range since 2006.
With all products, our emphasis is on active management and outperformance – especially in periods of market weakness. Key performance drivers are credit research, security selection, trend spotting and our macroeconomic model.
Our majority shareholding in the ratings agency Independent Credit View makes us experts in fundamental and quantitative credit research.
The cornerstones of our investment philosophy at a glance are:
- We are staunch advocates of active management. All of our products exhibit a high active share.
- We aim for asymmetric price behaviour for our products. In weak markets they generate significant outperformance versus the benchmark, while in positive periods they keep pace with the benchmark return.
- Our portfolios consist of the top-down managed macro factors (equity exposure, duration, credit spreads, regions/sectors) and the bottom-up managed securities selection.
- The momentum approach in equity research allows us to exploit opportunities at short notice.
- We use sophisticated proprietary software, including macro and single security analysis models, trend identification, scenario analysis and risk management.
- We employ a consistent team approach, avoid conflicts of interest and rely on the breadth and extensive experience of all our specialists.
- Our positioning as a flexible and entrepreneurial boutique, paired with our management of optimally sized funds, allows us to capitalize on all available opportunities.
Our investment solutions
We offer investors numerous attractive investment solutions. You will find the various strategies and product solutions within these investment segments:
We offer all strategies both as public investment fund solutions and on a mandate basis.